A cookie is an element of data that a web site can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our web site.
If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you will still be able to browse around the site but any functions that allow you to add items to a basket, set up a new account or access an existing account will not be available. Alternatively you can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of internet browser programme your computer uses.
Please remember, cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers.
Your browser also generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address ("IP address"). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our web sites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
The Ginger Pear are committed to protecting your privacy.
We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998). We collect information about you to provide you with the best possible service. It will always be clear when you are giving us this information.
We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us.
The type of information we will collect about you includes your name, address, phone numbers, and email address. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information we may obtain about you. By registering as a user of the services provided by The Ginger Pear and by using the thegingerpear.co.uk site generally you agree to this use.
1. When you register and use this site you may be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
2. We may use the information you provide:
- To register you with our website and to administer our website services.
- For assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme. We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example, automatically selecting products or services, that we think will interest you from the information we have. We may inform you (by email, mail or otherwise) about products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish The Ginger Pear to use your information for marketing purposes, please tick the opt-out box provided when registering.
3. If at a later date you wish to opt out of receiving marketing information from The Ginger Pear, you can unsubscribe by sending an email to with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field.
4.. In order that we can monitor and improve the site, we may gather certain information about you when you use it, including details of your domain name and IP address, operating system, browser version and the website you visited prior to our site.
5. Remarketing or Advertising Cookies - These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.
6. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal details. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
7. You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) we keep about you - upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee of £10. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us.